The principal aims of the organisation are:-
- To administer a Jewish Chaplaincy service in Scotland.
- To raise funds to provide financial support for the activities of the Jewish Student Chaplain.
- To retain, strengthen and inspire Jewish identity amongst all Jewish students at universities and colleges.
- To increase the number, quality and diversity of Jewish activities on campus.
- To provide high-quality education in Judaism to as many students as possible.
- To provide financial support for Jewish student activities.
- To identify students capable of leading the various Student Societies and fostering / nurturing / developing their leadership skills.
- To supporting pastoral care of students where difficulties arise on campus and in the course of their studies.