Covid-19 update: Your student Chaplains, Aharon and Hodaya are here to help and support you remotely. Follow them on Facebook or get in touch at 07791292790.
Jewish Student Chaplaincy Scotland has been providing support and advice for Jewish students in Scotland since the 1960s.
Jewish Student Chaplaincy was pioneered in Scotland. In 1969, Rabbi Michael Rosin was asked by students in Northern Region to become their Honorary Chaplain.
The chaplains and members of the JSCS Board work with universities and students to facilitate a hospitable and warm Jewish experience.
Our Chaplaincy couple, Hodaya and Aharon Lemberger), support university students around Scotland. They host social events during the year, host students for Shabbat and holidays and advocate for student well being. They support the Jewish societies on campus and regularly meet students on a 1:1 basis.
They run weekly classes where they teach subjects ranging from Jewish thought to Talmud too!
- To administer a Jewish Chaplaincy service in Scotland.
- To raise funds to support the activities of the Jewish student chaplains.
- To retain, strengthen and inspire Jewish identity amongst all Jewish students at universities and colleges.
- To increase the number, quality and diversity of Jewish activities on campus.
- To provide high-quality education in Judaism to as many students as possible.
- To provide financial support for Jewish student activities.
- To identify students capable of leading the various Student Societies and fostering / nurturing / developing their leadership skills.
- To supporting pastoral care of students where difficulties arise on campus and in the course of their studies.